Whatever your industry, the health and safety of your staff is essential and key to optimising company productivity.
That’s why here at Plaza Medical Mackay we offer comprehensive and detailed pre-employment medical examinations, pre-placement and periodic medical assessments that can be tailored to suit your business needs.
Call us or come and talk to us at Plaza Medical Mackay.
Our pre-employment, coal board & mines rescue medical examination usually includes the following components:
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Cardiovascular examination (heart check, blood pressure, pulse)
- Full musculoskeletal examination including comprehensive range of movement
- Central nervous system examination
- Examination for hernias and other abdominal abnormalities
- Urinalysis for diabetes or kidney / bladder disorders
- Respiratory examination
- Vision assessment including colour blindness
- Fitness to work medicals
- Drivers Medicals
- Drug and alcohol testing Instant or Laboratory
- Spirometry-( Lung Function Test)
- Audiometry ( Hearing Test)
- Urine testing
- Vision tests, colour vision
- Blood glucose
- Strength and mobility screening
- Vaccinations and travel medicine
- Workcover Claims assessments and injury management
Coal Board & Mine Medicals
- All mine workers working in Queensland coal mines are required to undergo a Coal Mine Workers Health Scheme (formely the coal board medical). These coal board medicals can be done for you here at Plaza Medical Mackay. Our doctors undertake medical assessments in order to ensure that employees are fit for working in the mines.
- Dr Lovemore Ncomanzi is a registered Nominated Medical Adviser (NMA) which allows him to complete and sign the section 4 off which is a requirement by the Department of Natural Resources and Mines (DNRM), your current employer and the coal mine site you will be commencing work at.
- CBM Chest X-Ray (Requirement only for Underground Position) conveniently located across the road from Plaza Medical, walk in no appointment needed, one-hour report turn around, very cost effective.
- Same day appointment for CBM and section 4 sign off.
- Walk in no appointment needed Instant Drug & Alcohol Screening by our Nationally Accreted & Trained staff.
- One-person point of contact for CBM
- Competitive pricing for CBM, instant Drug & Alcohol testing
- Plaza Medical Mackay is a Registered Spirometry practice
What to bring with you:
- Drivers License or Photo ID
- Any Work Specific Requirements
- Any recent medical reports or specialist letters.
- List of current medication – Prescription or non-Prescription
- Corrective lenses for near and distance vision.
- Advisable to wear loose comfortable clothing