Suite 2, 93 Willets Rd, Mackay
Services we provide
Childhood Immunisation & Paediatric Care
Parents want to feel confident that they are making the best health care decisions for their children.
This confidence can be undermined when there is conflicting information in the media and on the Internet. Nowhere is this more prevalent than when it comes to the topic of the safety of childhood vaccines-come and talk to our dedicated team of Doctors and Nurses about your child’s immunisations.
The value and safety of vaccinating children against dangerous illnesses cannot be overstated.
The benefits of vaccination in preventing illness and death have been repeatedly proven and greatly outweigh the risks.
Moles & Skin Cancer Checks & Surgery
Whether you have a spot on your skin that you are concerned about or have a history of skin cancer in your family, we can help.
Our team of highly experienced doctors can and will help with the detection and treatment options. For professional and friendly skin care services, give us a call today and come in and talk to us here at Plaza medical Mackay! Most importantly the minor surgery is done and carried out in a well and fully equipped theatre.
You never outgrow the need for vaccines.
The specific immunizations you need as an adult are determined by factors such as your age, lifestyle, high-risk conditions, type and locations of travel, and previous immunizations.
Vaccine recommendations for adults are based on a variety of factors including age, overall health status, and medical history.
To help you understand what vaccines you might need come in and talk to our Doctors and Nurses at Plaza Medical about your situation.
Travel Medicine, advice & immunisation
We specialise in all forms of travel vaccinations to make sure you stay healthy when traveling abroad.
We understand the importance of protecting you and your family whilst travelling overseas.
Our team of experienced doctors are up-to-date with the latest vaccination requirements for every country and region. We stock most vaccines at all times. For professional and friendly travel care services and advice come and see us here at Plaza Medical!
We are an approved Yellow Fever Vaccination Centre
Pre-employment, Coal & Mine Medicals
That’s why here at Plaza Medical Mackay we offer comprehensive and detailed pre-employment medical examinations, pre-placement and periodic medical assessments that can be tailored to suit your business needs.
Call us or come and talk to us at Plaza Medical Mackay.
Our pre-employment, coal board & mines rescue medical examination usually includes the following components:
- Height, weight, body mass index (BMI)
- Cardiovascular examination (heart check, blood pressure, pulse)
- Full musculoskeletal examination including comprehensive range of movement
- Central nervous system examination
- Examination for hernias and other abdominal abnormalities
- Urinalysis for diabetes or kidney / bladder disorders
- Respiratory examination
- Vision assessment including colour blindness
- Fitness to work medicals
- Drivers Medicals
- Drug and alcohol testing Instant or Laboratory
- Spirometry-( Lung Function Test)
- Audiometry ( Hearing Test)
- Urine testing
- Vision tests, colour vision
- Blood glucose
- Strength and mobility screening
- Vaccinations and travel medicine
- Workcover Claims assessments and injury management
Coal Board & Mine Medicals
- All mine workers working in Queensland coal mines are required to undergo a Coal Mine Workers Health Scheme (formely the coal board medical). These coal board medicals can be done for you here at Plaza Medical Mackay. Our doctors undertake medical assessments in order to ensure that employees are fit for working in the mines.
- Dr Lovemore Ncomanzi is a registered Nominated Medical Adviser (NMA) which allows him to complete and sign the section 4 off which is a requirement by the Department of Natural Resources and Mines (DNRM), your current employer and the coal mine site you will be commencing work at.
- CBM Chest X-Ray (Requirement only for Underground Position) conveniently located across the road from Plaza Medical, walk in no appointment needed, one-hour report turn around, very cost effective.
- Same day appointment for CBM and section 4 sign off.
- Walk in no appointment needed Instant Drug & Alcohol Screening by our Nationally Accreted & Trained staff.
- One-person point of contact for CBM
- Competitive pricing for CBM, instant Drug & Alcohol testing
- Plaza Medical Mackay is a Registered Spirometry practice
What to bring with you:
- Drivers License or Photo ID
- Any Work Specific Requirements
- Any recent medical reports or specialist letters.
- List of current medication – Prescription or non-Prescription
- Corrective lenses for near and distance vision.
- Advisable to wear loose comfortable clothing
Health Check for All Ages
Health checks and staying well should be part of your regular routine.
This will help you stay healthy and pick up potential problems early. Things you can do at home include:
- Skin checks
- Dental care
- Heart health Checks
- Diabetes check
- Breast Checks
- Bone Density for Osteoporosis
- Testicular checks
- Cervical Screening
- Eye Checks
- Bowel Cancer Checks
- Chronic Disease Management
GPs at Plaza Medical Mackay can plan and coordinate the health care of patients with chronic or terminal medical conditions, including patients with these conditions who require multidisciplinary, team-based care from a GP and at least two other health or care providers.
A chronic medical condition is one that has been (or is likely to be) present for six months or longer, for example, asthma, cancer, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, musculoskeletal conditions and stroke. Come and see our team at Plaza Medical Mackay and we can help to sort out your needs.
Well Women Check Ups
At Plaza medical Mackay we offer a well woman clinic where you may be seen by a female doctor.
The well woman clinic will provide advice on:
- gynaecological problems
- family planning (often including IUD fitting)
- cervical smears
- breast disease
- the menopause
- your lifestyle , including diet, exercise, alcohol and smoking
- Weight loss , height and Blood Pressure checks
- Family Planning- including the insertion and removal of Implanon
- Pregnancy Test, Shared Ante-natal care
- Sexual Health Counselling and testing
- Safe( r) Sex They may also provide emergency contraception.
Well Men's Health Checks
The range of tests and health checks may vary but any of the following may be assessed:
- your lifestyle, including diet, exercise, alcohol and smoking
- medical history
- weight and height
- blood pressure
- a urine test for diabetes or kidney infection
- hearing and vision
- lung function
- an electrocardiogram (ECG) to check for heart problems
- a chest X-ray, if you’re a heavy smoker
- Sexual Health Counselling and testing
- Safe(r) Sex
Come and talk to us at Plaza Medical Mackay
These can be offered as part of General Check-ups, or Various Medical Examinations, or just on their own- on request from a client.
This is a non-invasive and painless medical test that detects cardiac (heart) abnormalities by measuring the electrical activity generated by the heart as it contracts. If you are aged over 50 years, your doctor may recommend an ECG test every two to five years, depending on your health and medical history.
Acupuncture is a collection of procedures involving penetration of the skin with needles to stimulate certain points on the body.
In its classical form it is a characteristic component of traditional Chinese medicine. This is also available at Plaza Medical Mackay- please ask our helpful reception staff for more information.
Work Cover Injuries
We even help you register for e-Health
Urine, Drug & Alcohol Testing
Walk in, no appointment required, appointments can be arranged any time – we provide instant Drug & Alcohol Testing and Screening by our friendly – Nationally Accredited Staff.
Dr Richard White: a a renowned Neurologist conducts a Neurology Clinic once a month at Plaza Medical in-order to see him you need a referral from your GP- Please talk to our friendly receptionist for more information
Doctors at Plaza Medical Mackay
Dr Lovemore Ncomanzi
Dr Varai Makura-Ncomanzi
Dr Helen Archibald
Dr Patricia Wong
Dr Kyaw Khine Linn
Practice Staff & Nurses
Plaza Medical Mackay | Family Doctors Mackay | Matilda Internet Web Design