Suite 2, 93 Willets Rd, Mackay
1. Where are you located?
The practice address since 2013 July is:
Suite No 2
Willetts Road Health and Medical Hub
93 Willetts Road
Mackay, Qld 4740
We are located across from the Mater Hospital
2. If I do not drive &/ or do not have a car-How can I get there?
There is a regular bus that comes through to the Mater Hospital, so this can easily be used when coming to the Plaza Medical, as we are located opposite the Mater Hospital Mackay.
3. If my Dr is on leave can I see another GP?
Yes , if you regular GP is on leave, you can book to see another GP to sort out you problems whilst your regular GP is on a deserving time off work
4. If I need a Pap smear & my regular Doctor is male but I prefer a female Doctor to do it -Is this possible?
5. Do you do / give vaccinations?
Yes we do give the full range of immunizations , this includes the Gvts supported free vaccinations to private and very popular travel vaccines. The only vaccine that we do not have in house here is the Yellow Fever one. But be advised that a lot of things are changing to the better here at Plaza & as such we are in the nearest future hoping to get the authority to be able to store & give Yellow Fever here. Please do watch this space!
6. Do you do Skin & Cancer checks?
Yes we do. We do excisions as well, this occasionally would attract a higher fee, depending on the size & type of lesion removed. Unfortunately some lesions do not attract any Medicare rebate.
7. Can I get vaccinations at Plaza?
Please refer to No. 5 above!
8.Travel & vaccination advice & vaccinations?
Yes we do these as well-Please refer to No. 5 above!
9. Hospital admissions what are the standing rules & conditions?
Your doctor will follow up with you whilst you are in hospital. This only applies if you are admitted to the Mater Hospital, if your condition requires a specialist your GP will refer you to one.
10. Nursing Home !
Yes your GP will & can look after you or your loved ones in a Nursing home, conditions apply-your GP can explain this in more detail!
11. Flu Vaccinations at Plaza Medical & Nursing Homes
We do give Flu vaccinations here and in the Nursing Homes as well, conditions apply!
The flu vaccination is provided for free by the Government for all patients who are aged 65 years and over. Patients that have chronic disease such as diabetes, heart condition chronic kidney disease or are Immune Compromised also qualify for a free Flu vaccination. Patients who are not 65 years and over or do not have a chronic disease can have a private flu vaccination- these can be purchased in house. The consultation with the doctor will be bulk billed. Please contact reception for further information and current pricing.
12. Shared Antenatal care!
Yes we do shared Antenatal Care.
13. GPS directs people to Phillip street.
Yes we do shared Antenatal Care.
14. Do we Bulk Bill?
Plaza Medical Mackay is a private billing practice. All fees are payable on the day of service.
- We do bulk bill children 15 years and under, excluding mental health services
- Patients with a current DVA card will be bulk billed for eligible services
- We do bulk bill patients 75 and above, who hold a valid Pension Card
- We may offer a discounted fee to patients aged 16-74, who hold a valid Concession Card (Pension or Health Care Card)
- Mental Health Services are not bulk billed and do attract fees
15. How much does a consult cost & how much do you get from Medicare.
This depends on the length of the consult & whether you also hold a Concession Card or not. So this differs from person to person.
16. Do we do travel vaccines.
Yes, & we do have most of the vaccines in-house.
17. Do we do Skin checks & removal of skin cancers?Are our Doctors qualified to do these ?
Yes we do Skin checks and excisions. We have a group of very highly qualified Drs who can help you with this. Please talk to you Dr or reception for more information .
18. Being charged when returning for results.
Every consult whether be 1st time or review is subject to a charge. If it is a very short & uncomplicated visit your Doctor can choose to Bulk bill, this is not a right though!
19. Pensioners & DVA quite often question being charged for scripts.
Even though you have a current Pension or DVA card we are unable to bulk bill repeat scripts that are requested over the phone. Medicare does not allow bulk billing if you have not physically consulted or seen the patient.
20. Many patients return with Discs & X-Rays after Radiology appointments.
The practice policy is to wait for official results from the Radiology Specialist before discussing the results with you. There are however exceptions, please discuss with you Doctor.
21. When will results be available after Pathology & Radiology?
As a general Rule three days. There are however exceptions, please discuss with you Doctor.
22. Some patients complain they are not told they will be charged for blood tests etc when sent for tests by S & N etc.
Unfortunately, there are some tests that Medicare does not pay for. We always urge and encourage our patients to enquire from Pathology before getting the requested tests done.
23. Purpose of Heath Assessments ? Are they necessary?
Health Assessment & Care Plans are very useful and necessary. Medicare & the Department of Aging encourage all patients 75 years and older to have a yearly Health assessment to try & keep them as much as possible in their homes. These Health assessments also allows the Doctor & patient to discuss & review some of those issues & concerns that can be missed in the everyday consults as there are always issues to address, solve & resolve.
Doctors at Plaza Medical Mackay
Dr Helen Archibald
Dr Kyaw Khine Linn
Dr Victor Tun
Aye Aye Mar
Plaza Medical Mackay